Choose your distance - take on a 5km or 10m route around one of the largest urban parks in Europe.
Aim for a personal best or take your time, either way, by tying your laces and clocking up the kilometres for Mencap you're tackling the inequalities faced by people with a learning disability head on!
Your entry fee covers the cost of organising the event, it's the money you raise that improves lives and fights for a future where everyone is valued equally, listened to and included.
The routes are suitable for all ages and fitness levels to run, jog or walk.
If you have a disability your supporter can run with you for free, and there are wheelchair places available too.
Have kids? Enjoy the family friendly 1km run together first - email us to sign them up for £5!
Being part of #TeamMencap, you'll receive:
- top-notch fundraising support
- regular updates about the run and Mencap
- training guidance for all levels
- a bright Mencap t-shirt to run in and keep as a souvenir
- chipped running number so you can see your time at the finish line
- a baggage zone to store your belongings
- full route signage and marshalling
- water stations
- medical support throughout the event
- big cheers to encourage you on race day
- a glossy medal to add to your collection
- a photographer to capture all the fun!
Details of the day
Date: Saturday 21 September 2019.
- Park collection and on the day registration: 8:30am
- 1km start time: 9:30am
- 5km and 10km warm up: 10:15am
- 5km and 10km start time: 10:30am
Where: Start and finish at Cooper's Field.
Take a look at the Rune Bute Park route here:
Early bird adult entry to the 10km or 5km run is just £10. Secure your place at Run Bute Park by completing this online form.
Children (aged 11 and under) can sign up for the 5km or 1km route for just £5. Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult for the duration of the run.
To book a place for a child, of if you're an adult and would like to take part in the 1km race, please contact us on 0207 696 6946 or email@example.com.
We are that each paying participant tries their best to raise £100 in order to help us support people with a learning disability live the life they choose. With the dedicated support of our Events team, you'll fly over the fundraising finishing line in no time!
For full details, please read our terms and conditions.
For more information, please contact the Events team:
- phone 0207 696 6946
- email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register your interest
Are you thinking of taking part in Run Bute Park 2019?
If so, register your interest and we'll be in touch closer to the day with details of the event and how you can sign up.Register your interest