Legal toolkits: know your rights
Our advice guides are here to provide advocates of people with a learning disability information on a range of topics, from housing and education to health and social care.
If you are a family member, support worker or advocate to someone with a learning disability, these guides also aim to give you peace of mind by offering clear and practical advice.
- Accessing health and social care services: the rights of adults with a learning disability
Published 8 September 2015, last updated May 2017
- Accessing health and social care services: the rights of adults with a learning disability (Welsh language version)
Published 19 February 2018
- Housing Law: the rights of tenants with a learning disability
- Housing Law: the rights of tenants with a learning disability - supplement
Published 8 September 2015, last updated February 2017
Due to recently enacted legislation the Applying for specialist further education provision: young people aged 16-2 (Published 8 September 2015, last updated February 2017) toolkit has been removed and is currently being updated.
The toolkit will be available again as soon as the updates have been made.
If you have any questions please contact the Mencap WISE Helpline on 0808 8000 300.
- Supporting parents with a learning disability through the child protection system
Published 8 September 2015, last updated 28 November 2017
- Advocacy and Access to Information under the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014
Published 4 May 2017
If you have a question about learning disability, or for information and support, contact us:
Freephone: 0808 8000 300 (Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm)